Microsoft rolls out Surface RT, Surface 2 4G, Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 firmware updatesWritten by Ron on July 08, 2014 - 10:04AM @ronwinbeta
Aside from the Surface Pro 3, Microsoft has rolled out firmware updates for all the previous versions of the company's Surface tablet -- including the Surface RT, Surface 2 4G, Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2. The firmware update for the Surface 2 only applies to the 4G/LTE model.
Starting with the Surface RT, Microsoft has released a "Surface Home Button Driver (v188.8.131.52)" update that enhances system stability in both the active state and the sleep/wake transition state. The Surface 2 4G/LTE model received a "Modem Firmware Update (v5.706.306.1)" that enhances the performance and reliability of AT&T 4G LTE networks.
The Surface Pro 2 received a "Wireless Network Controller (v 14.69.24054.176)" update that enables functionality on wireless networks utilizing hidden SSIDs. The Surface Pro received the following updates and improvements:
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware (v2.84.0350) improves battery management when a Surface Cover is attached.
- Surface Pro UEFI (v1.6.350) provides support for PXE boot with the new Surface Ethernet Adapter.
- Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (v10.18.10.3496) improves Miracast wireless display experience and enhances display stability.
- Intel(R) Display Audio (v6.16.00.3135) enhances compatibility and improves the display experience for DisplayPort monitors.
- Surface Accessory Device (v1.0.338.0) improves the experience when using Surface accessories.
- Surface Power Cover Firmware update (v1.0.339.0) improves the experience when using Surface Power Cover.
Microsoft wants to remind everyone that when Surface updates are provided via Windows Update, they are delivered in stages to customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update, please manually check Windows Update later.
Head over to Windows Update to snag the updates.