Mozilla has finally released Firefox 13, the company's latest stable browser. Firefox 13 comes with several new features and performance enhancements to make it the fastest and most secure Firefox browser yet. Get it now and check it out!
Although Mozilla has yet to make it publically available on Firefox's website, the browser itself has made its way to our hands just a tad bit early. Firefox 13 features a new about:home Start page that features a Google search box, links to the add-on repository, and links to common areas such as downloads and bookmarks. So what else is new in Firefox 13?
- When opening a new tab, users are now presented with their most visited pages
- The default home page now has quicker access to bookmarks, history, settings, and more
- SPDY protocol now enabled by default for faster browsing on supported sites
- Restored background tabs are not loaded by default for faster startup
- Smooth scrolling is now enabled by default
- 72 total improvements to Page Inspector, HTML panel, Style Inspector, Scratchpad and Style Editor
- The column-fill CSS property has been implemented
- Support for the CSS3 background-position property extended syntax has been added