Nokia announces the Lumia 1520, a 6-inch 1080p Windows Phone arriving later this yearBy Zac on Tuesday, Oct 22nd, 2013 at 06:49AM
Nokia has today announced its next Windows Phone flagship. As the company's first phablet device, the Nokia Lumia 1520 sports a gorgeous 1080p display across 6-inches. A first for the Windows Phone platform. The device also has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, and a 20MP PureView camera.
The device will ship with Windows Phone 8 GDR3 with "Lumia Black" on board. For those who dont know, Lumia Black is the next software update Nokia is set to roll out and was previous called "Bittersweet Shimmer." GDR3 enables the Lumia 1520 to have more than 4 'small' icons display across horizontally on the display. Now, you can have up to 6, meaning more space for your live tiles.
The Lumia 1520 will also be available in either 16GB or 32GB variants and will also come in black, yellow, white, and glossy red (depending on your carrier). The device is expected to roll out later this year in the US, UK, China, France, Singapore, Germany, Finland, Singapore, Hong Kong, and other markets. Here are the full specs of the device:
- Operating System: Windows Phone 8 with the latest updates
- Networks: GSM/EDGE: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz; WCDMA: 850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz; ROW LTE: 1, 3, 7, 8, 20; USA LTE: 2, 4, 5, 7, 17; HSPA+: DL 42 Mbps (Cat 24) / UL 11.5 Mbps (Cat 7)
- Speed: LTE 150/50 mbps, DC-HSPA 42mbps
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 32 GB internal user memory; 7 GB SkyDrive cloud storage, micro SD card support up to 64GB
- Display: 6-inch full HD 1080p LCD , ClearBlack, High Brightness Mode, Sunlight readability, Super sensitive touch for glove and nail usage, Gorilla Glass 2
- Processor: 2.2GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
- Primary camera: PureView 20-megapixel Auto Focus ZEISS optics with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), 2x lossless zoom, oversampling technology, dual LED flash, 1080p @ 30 fps full HD video with optical image stabilization
- Secondary Camera: HD 1.2-megapixel wide angle
- Size & weight: 162.8 x 85.4 x 8.7mm (volumetric). Weight: 209g
- Connectivity: NFC, A-GPS+GLONASS, WLAN (2.4/5Ghz) a/b/g/n/ac, μUSB, BT 4.0 LE, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Ambient Light Sensor
- Battery: 3400 mAh (integrated) with built-in wireless charging (Qi compatible)
- Audio: Rich Recording with four microphones; Wideband Voice and multi-microphone noise reduction with four microphones; Dolby(R) Headphone, Graphic equalizer, Audio leveling; FM radio
The Nokia Lumia 1520 is set to be priced at $749 (USD, before taxes) and will be launching on the AT&T network as an exclusive. Will you be getting the Lumia 1520? Is it too big of a device? Let us know below!