Nvidia GeForce Experience now in Open Beta, improve your gaming experience and download nowBy Ron on Sunday, Jan 27th, 2013 at 12:17PM
For those that don't know, Nvidia has been working on a new application called GeForce Experience, which has just exited closed beta status. GeForce Experience allows gamers to optimize their PC game settings and keep their drivers up to date. GeForce Experience is designed to make it easier to have the appropriate settings for each game you have on your PC.
"Last month, NVIDIA released GeForce Experience as a closed beta. Over 40,000 gamers downloaded the application and we received a tremendous amount of feedback. In the past month our software team has been busy incorporating that feedback and making improvements. Today, we're pleased to announce that GeForce Experience will be available as an open beta for anyone to download and try out," Nvidia stated in an official blog post.
Nvidia has added a few new features to the application including support for games such as FarCry 3, Mechwarrior Online, and Hawken, making the total current game support to 41. The application also supports Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad CPU support as well as improved game detection logic as well as 2560x1440 resolution support. Another great feature for GeForce Experience is the ability to automatically update your graphics drivers when new ones are available, sure to be a time saver for those looking to be on the bleeding edge of gaming performance.
GeForce Experience 1.0.1 Release Notes:
- Expanded game support, including FarCry 3, Mechwarrior Online, and Hawken. GFE now support 41 titles.
- Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad CPU support in most games. More to come.
- Dramatically improved game detection logic/
- Added optimal playable settings for 2560 x 1440 displays.
- Improved translations for Chinese, Danish, and UK English.
- Improved performance for client startup, billboard display, game scan, and communication with NVIDIA servers.
- Numerous bug fixes and improvements.