Xbox Music app for Windows Phone 8.1 gets a huge update next week, adds Cortana supportWritten by Ron on April 17, 2014 - 02:02PM @ronwinbeta
When Microsoft rolled out the Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview, it included build 2.5.1330 of the Xbox Music app. Starting next week, Microsoft is set to roll out a huge new update to the app, followed by new updates every two weeks.
"And for those Xbox Music users running the WP8.1 Developer Preview, starting next week you will start to see the first update in the Windows Phone Store for the 8.1 Xbox Music application, followed by ongoing updates every two weeks. We want to hear your feedback on the new Xbox Music app so we can continue to incorporate it into the product," Microsoft stated in an official support forum post.
Here is what's expected in next week's huge update to Xbox Music:
- Numerous stability fixes, including many of the reported black screens
- Cortana integration is complete and now supports playing playlists by name
- UI polish to improve animations and transitions between UI views
- Improved messaging for encountered errors, such as unplayable content in collections
- Background initial sync of local and cloud content
Based on feedback received via the Developer Preview forums, Microsoft is working on new features such as Live Tile integration, continued focus on stability and performance, quickplay improvements, Kids Corner support, and various other user interface improvements.
Stay tuned for this huge update, which rolls out next week.
Thanks for sending this in Alan!